Change Corps seeks an experienced fundraiser and external relations director to develop and oversee our fundraising efforts and campaign partnership outreach. Change Corps is a group of experienced organizers who understand that new organizers need a place to start, learn, and make their mark.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of our team, driving forward our training program through fundraising and organizational building efforts, increasing Change Corps’ effectiveness and visibility, strengthening our partnerships, and advancing our mission. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Associate Director will spearhead development efforts as Change Corps continues to grow. A new position in a fast growing organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development and campaign partnership functions at Change Corps.
Change Corps is a field academy for new organizers. We partner with some of the nation’s top social change organizations. This spring, organizers are working with Everytown for Gun Safety to advocate for background checks and safer gun laws that will save lives. And this past fall, organizers worked with MoveOn.org to turn out voters to the polls this election and lift up candidates for the Senate who support women’s health. Organizers work on 3-5 campaigns during the year, and our activists move around to where they are needed most. We seek an experienced fundraiser who will help raise the money to build our power and program.
- Develop and execute Change Corps’ annual fundraising plan by building lasting relationships in the funder community. Build resources for our work through foundations, major donors, event planning and other grassroots fundraising opportunities.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and small donors.
- Train and develop Change Corps staff who will assist with fundraising efforts. Assist staff in designing and implementing personal fundraising strategies.
- Design and create marketing materials, social media, and advertising campaigns as part of our overall fundraising mission. Strategize opportunities for brand marketing and expand the target audience of Change Corps through community relations, speaking engagements, and visibility events.
- Develop and line up Change Corps’ campaign partnerships plan by building lasting relationships in the progressive community with future campaign partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, Executive Directors and Political Directors.
- Create and execute a strategy for maintaining a list of a large, sustained base of members.
- Oversee the organization of special events.
- Write and track proposals and reports for all foundation and grant fundraising.
Candidates must have at least 3-4 years of organizing and fundraising experience, including community organizing, campus organizing, campaign coordination, grant writing, or coalition building. The ideal candidate is passionate about community organizing and movement building and has a track record of accomplishments. Fundraising experience, either through grants or through grassroots organizing, is necessary. Strong experience working in or with coalitions is a plus. Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact at the executive level are key qualifications for a successful Associate Director.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Change Corps offers a competitive benefits package. Eligible staff receive health insurance, paid holidays, sick days, vacation days, and the opportunity to enroll in our college loan assistance and 401(k) programs. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Denver, CO. Washington, DC, is possible for the right candidate.
We'll carefully consider your application and if we think you're a good fit, we'll be in touch.
Things To Know When You Apply
Change Corps is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Change Corps is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a diverse workplace and a diverse movement. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.